Location: Italy, Germany, USA
Experience: 10+ years
Job area: Sales/Business Development
Business Development Manager
Italy, Germany, USA
To prospect and develop opportunities for IDC Consorzio in the field of shipbuilding and repairing/installations, to contact and contract new customers (shipping lines, shipyards, ship owners etc.), to secure current incomes by managing relationships with current accounts.
The Business Development Manager will have an overview of all current projects, will influence and coordinate resources from all departments in order to close new contracts or renegotiate the existing ones. A high level of strategic planning, organizing and top-management negotiation is required. Exposure to Project Management can also be in your favour.
- To identify new potential local or international markets and evaluate the main players on these markets (shipping lines, ship owners, shipyards, etc.);
- Create strategies for attracting potential customers and to maintain productive relationships with them;
- Gather all necessary documents for participating in bids, preparing the Company’s offer and delivering the presentation of the offer;
- Cooperates with all relevant parties from his/her organization (engineering, operations, procurement, HR) to prepare the most appropriate offers that satisfy customer needs and help reach his/her sales target;
- Negotiates and supervises the negotiated terms implementation of of his/her contracts;
- Has a proactive attitude that helps him motivate and push him/herself and others towards achieving the highest results, gaining new customers and meeting the best professional standards;
- Develops sales forecasts to reach medium and long term sales objectives.
- Over 10 years’ experience in international, consultative Sales, preferable in Shipping, BE or Business Administration studies (preferable additional training);
- Exposure to the local (preferable also international) marine industry, good knowledge and connections on local markets;
- Experience with or exposure to Project Management;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, resistance to stress;
- Very good organizational skills, time and priority management, working in diverse project teams;
- Excellent communication abilities on all levels, strategic selling and thinking, presentation;
- Fluent in English, preferable fluency in another wide used language;
- Availability to travel locally and abroad over 50%.
- Competitive compensation package, based on the revenue attracted;
- Possibility for career growth;
- Challenging work environment, frequent travels;
- Work schedule flexibility.
If you think you are suited for the job, submit your resume here:
I.D.C. Societa Consortile a.r.l.
Via MESTRINA no.85 30172, Mestre, Venezia
ISO 9001:2015 | ISO 14001:2004 | OHSAS 18001:2007