Location: Gdansk, Poland; Venice, Italy; Constanta, Romania
Experience: Mid-Senior Level
Job area: Management
Head Of Technical Department
IDC Consorzio is hiring a Head Of Technical Department to manage and control the team in charge for issuing and/or approving the quotation used in the relation with potential or existing clients.
- Qualified candidates must have BSc or MSc in Marine Engineering or equivalent, with at least 8 years of experience in shipbuilding industry;
- Strong engineering and technical knowledge related shipbuilding & marine piping and outfitting field;
- High practical skills and expertise in managing technical & engineering teams
- Strong time management skills to keep projects moving forward
- Strong communication skills, as collaboration with multiple parties will be necessary, in order to assure high standard of productivity and quality for the project
- The ability to speak English is required, ability to speak Italian would be an advantage but not essential
- The ability to work well with an international crew and management team
- Ability to travel extensively and on short notice
- Strong Microsoft Office Suites and computer skills
- The ability to maintain a professional demeanor and composed in stressful situations
- He/she must have the ability to develop the employees to align with Company processes, policies, and procedures in his area of activities.
- Settle the details of the project to be further handled by Production department, based on the preliminary documentation received from the potential/ existing client;
- Manage the survey on site/ on board for clarifying the details of the project, as preliminary background of the future project;
- Issue the list of activities and needed resources to be mobilized for project implementation;
- Communicate with relevant departments and collect needed info in structured data base to be used for issuing the quotation;
- Support the quotation with needed technical documentation (drawings) and/ or manage the relation with a third party for needed technical documentation issuance;
- Coordinate the team in charged to issue Basic Design Documentation to be approved by Class & Client;
- Assume responsibility for the overall performance of the projects including on time delivery and achieve or exceeding profit targets;
- Provides support to the supervision team (Site / Installation Managers) & assists in resolving any technical issues that is blocking the progress of the activity;
- Apply Company’s rules & regulation on behalf of CEO, for the best interest of the activity progress.
What we offer
- Opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment, with international exposure;
- Attractive salary package.
If you think you are suited for the job, submit your resume here:
I.D.C. Societa Consortile a.r.l.
Via MESTRINA no.85 30172, Mestre, Venezia
ISO 9001:2015 | ISO 14001:2004 | OHSAS 18001:2007